10 April 2013

This That Whatever

This That Whatever - Art

I made a day trip to Canberra with a few of my friends to see the Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit. One of my friends had flown back from a holiday in Italy (38 hours including transfers - then added a 3hr car trip to Canberra and a 1hr plane trip to Melbourne - legendary!), and another friend had driven in from Cootamundra. Thank you so much girls for a great day!

I love the painters from the Post-Impressionist era as well as the Impressionists (blogged here). It was a Saturday and very busy, almost 4 people deep, which was a little disappointing, but it was amazing to see these paintings right in front of you and just how truly beautiful they are.

Found here

But now I am totally jealous looking at the new Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art mentioned here.

Forget the car trip....anyone for a plane trip to NY?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PinIt